Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tablecloth Curtains

So my windows were bugging me. You know how you just look at something, and think, "it needs something," but what?

Then I got inspired. I was looking at some old magazines and saw a piece about Magnolia Pearl and Robin Brown. She uses lace EVERYWHERE.... all different, too. And it looks pretty! So I grabbed some tablecloths, tacks, and ribbon.

So here's the result. I like it! I should take a photo at night. It looks pretty at night, too.


I'm all set for Halloween! I have my lighted pumpkins lit...




Found this cornucopia at Homegoods the other day... my dining room table has a more "fallish" look to it.

Here's my old one...I still like that one, too! Isn't fall wonderful! Such pretty colors!





9 comments:

  1. So, so pretty. You have such a charming home. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting my vintage inspiration post today. Your home is beautiful, I love your lace curtains, it looks gorgeous~such a great idea! xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lace curtains, and your pumpkin is so cute... love the beautiful Fall colors you have shown today too! I wanted to thank you for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comments! Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for curtains. They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is really charming~ love all your mixed lace~ looks wonderful! Hopped over from Vintage Inspiration Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann. Love your amazing curtain idea. It turned out beautifully! I adore vintage crochet. I have a few pieces around my home, especially doilies. I really like your fall decorating to! Have a great weekend. Hugs~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that look! I did that in that last house we had in my little office. I like the whole Magnolia Pearl look - you probably already know this, but she has a book out.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuuuute house!! I live in a 1916 bungalow myself! Love love love old houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the window treatments. My friend Sophie made several doilies (do people still remember them?) and they grace a few windows in our home. The cool part is when the sun shines through and reflects that lovely handiwork onto the floor and wall. Such a simply delight to behold! Thanks for the neat post!

    ReplyDelete